Wednesday, December 3, 2008

Tv, part 2

It looks like from the ground that the wire just came loose from the amplifier. I just can't tell if it unscrewed or if the plug pulled off the end of the coax cable. Tomorrow the kids have an early release from school, so I'll have my 14 yr old help me get out and set up the extension ladder. Then my 10 yr old monkey can climb up and see if he can reach the wire. If not, I'll have to remove the bolts that hold the brackets around the pole so we can lower it down. Time to find the pickax and loosen up the soil at the base of the mast. It is packed hard like cement. While it is down, I need to replace the motor so we can turn it. The hd stations come in fine, except it has to be pointed straight at them to get a picture at all. Not like the old analog stations...

4 comments:

Jillybean said...

WE just put the new converter boxes on our TVs. We actually lost quite a few channels.

mommeeof10 said...

The problom with HD broadcasts is that the antenna has to be pointed directly at the station. With the analog, we could get Baltimore (NE of us) and Washington,DC (Due east of us) with the antenna pointed slightly north of east. Now, with the rotator motor broke, we only get the HD stations that are directly east of us, which it the way the antenna was pointed when the motor died.

Damama T said...

By ME do you really mean YOU? I am amazed and impressed that you can do that stuff! Wow! Supermom in the flesh!

mommeeof10 said...

Hubby does the grunt work, I usually figure out how stuff works/why it isn't and fix it.